Thursday, May 07, 2009

Joe Hisaishi~~~

Omg I loveeeee his musics!!! Especially if he play solo on piano!!!



This song above is from Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away entitled "One Summer's Day". The moment I hear him play, suddenly everything in my room went silent except his music. It's so nostalgic!!! I feel like crying listening to it. For those who think I'm a maniac or fetish-for-pedophile-freaks, you have to watch Spirited Away. The storyline and it's soundtracks can take anybody's heart away.

Omg I am so wanna try this song on piano! (The chords for it sound complex though. Don't know whether he keep changing the signature keys every bar. Lolz.)



The song above is from Studio Ghibli's My Neighbour Totoro entitled "Path of the Wind" (by now, you should figure out that Joe Hisaishi always make the soundtracks for Studio Ghibli's movies). This song is sooooooooooo well played!!! Never even thought that the orchestra version of it can be translated into something so touching!!! The cello suited the environment so well!!! Hisaishi's piano made the whole music grander!!!

It's a must play for those who loves classical music or new age! It's fairly easy to play and also very enjoyable (when I play this song on piano, I actually sway my whole body without realising). I wish I could find a cello to duet with, then it will be like a OMG-OMG-OMG-OMG-once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

There are many other Joe Hisaishi's great music (find out his Princess Mononuke's OST, or Nausicca Valley of the Wind, or Howl's Moving Castle... Or best, go find his Animation Medley! All of his best songs mixed into 8 minutes... =D). Be a fan of him! One of most respected pianist/composer in the world too (alongside Lang Lang, Ryuichi Sakamoto and Maksim).

No comments: