Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Questioning my ego



Now I keep wondering to myself: Did I make the right choice?

Firstly, due to Singapore's efficiency, they offered me Electrical And Electronic Engineering. Without thinking, I was like, "Take it! Go for it!" without thinking about the budget involved. Although already subsidized (which is why I have to work in Singapore for three years after graduate), the expenses is still quite high, that is S$9k++ per year. Living expenses, according to my seniors, S$500 per month (including hostel). So, working it out... S$60,000!!! T.T

Then USM offered me Electronic Engineering (after the error making incident). Due to my arrogance and hunger for good reputation (why would I want to study in an apex university that made such a big blunder???), I rejected it kao kao. The expenses, later I was told, is RM1,400 per year for the course. OMG that's freaking cheap.

Later UKM offered me Microelectronic. I was like, "Wow, heck of a cool name for a course" reaction, but due to my arrogance once again, I rejected it (actually I did not even reply them). Course fees? RM1,455 per year. Walaoweh.

Did I make a better choice? I don't really know.

All I can do is just keep going towards Singapore. Not only I sacrificed my parents' expenses, but also 2010, High School Division, Junior Division, etc.

Did I make a right choice?

Crap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd love to congratulate you for such a great quality forum!
Was thinking this would be a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Laurence Todd
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/50th-birthday-party-supplies.html]50th Birthday Party Supplies[/url].