Friday, June 26, 2009

Tribute to Michael Joseph Jackson

Devastated is the word to describe my emotions now.


I can still myself remember attending a discussion meet in Damansara Jaya when I was 8 years old. I saw a performance by a YMD dancing to MJ's 'Rock With You'. And that person tried to pull me in to dance with him (which I didn't in the end). At home, I keep asking my parents who is Michael Jackson. From that day onwards, I just wanted to be like MJ.

He is the first artist that I know of.

He is the reason why I love music.

He is my first inspiration to start dance.

He is the reason why I have high self esteem.

He is my first idol in life.

He is my first role model in life.


Now I feel very guilty 'cos I stopped supporting him few years back (must have lost interest in his music; and also trying to catch up with newer trend). This feeling just sucked. You know, 'du-lan'?


Michael, thanks for everything in life!

Because of you, pop music became the main part of the music industry.

Because of you, artistes strives hard to include cool dance routines in performances.

Because of you, the artistes all over the world tries to emulate your presence during performances.

You have left a legacy that will last for a very long time. The title 'King of Pop' ultimately belongs to you forever.


Rest in peace, Michael Joseph Jackson
1958 - 2009

No comments: