Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Week That Was

What a week... Time passes so fast, I could not catch up my blog... So here's what happen in a week...

My suit is warm (to be exact, above warm), my tie is killing me, my Mentos is running out, my hair is getting itcher every minute due to hair gel... Monday is our school's prom night, titled "Exodus". Everyone is dressed to kill, and I mean it literally. Roughly 98% of the guest are wearing black coat. It does reminds me of a Mafia gathering. I must admitted that the organizers did a good job, although it was hard to control everyone from leaving their seats to take nostalgic photos with each other. Everyone did not know that doing so while a performance was going on was really disrespectful. I hope not to see this attitude anymore in the future. Change, guys, change! In the end, all well ends well. How I missed Damansara Jaya...

Many things happened during prom night, but I will not reveal any part of it due to my privacy. Sorry. (Clue: I left the ballroom with so many emotions, including sad, angry, dissapointed, frustrated...only a few know why...)

Next day: Penang.

It took us FIVE HOURS to go from KL to Penang. Imagine if my buttocks could talk... We stayed in a scary-looking hotel, where ghost can appear at any time at any place. Worth it since it is RM150 for two rooms per night. Here is a fact: I believe Komtar is getting less popular. Reason: too many new shopping complexes everywhere. Komtar is slowly becoming a dead town, where only few shops that survived opened. The good news is, it is still cheap.

My family and I visited many places. One of them is Penang Museum. It is quite interesting, if it wasn't for too many texts of explaination . I almost slept walking through the museum, with people staring at my weird way of appreciating history. Kek Lok Si is a HUGE one-of-a-kind temple. Recently, they build a big, tall statue of Kuan Yin (when I mean big and tall, I mean it). We were so fascinated by the statue, we did not have time to see the main part of Kek Lok Si temple. Darn. Penang Hill (the uphill tram with the speed of 10kmph) is the best place to see Malaysian attitude overall. The bad side: Everyone rushes, nobody lines up. The good side: people offer seats to each other, especially to the elder ones. So, I could say Malaysians is not such a bad citizen after all. Snake temple is an interesting place, if you are not afraid of snakes. If you really have the snake-o-phobia, this is the last place you should ever visit, because the snakes could be anywhere. It could be on the altar, trees, table, etc. Imagine you are praying and suddenly, you saw a snake coiling up at a joss stick. Surprisingly, it does not attack anyone (no one has ever proved that snakes is aggresive, because it is not worth proving...).

And we went home happy because we finally leave the hotel. (The worst part about this trip: a movie "The Haunted Apartment" just revealed as we checked into the hotel. Whoa. )

This blog is unintentionally boring. I know. Sorry. Here is a message to everyone: it is a good thing to visit other states because you can learn things like history, art, culture (Hokkien, Teochew, Haka, Canton...), and even Malaysian attitude (I learned that Penang people are always on the rush on roads, not that they speed on the road, but they are very impatient. At least not as bad as KL.). Advantage of holiday trips to other states: it does open your mind widely. Disadvantage: shopkeepers intent to cut your throat with every chances they can get.

That's all folks! [Looney Tunes' theme song]

"We'

No comments: