Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Very Weird Mathematic's Problem

This is freaky...really freaky.

My brother asked me a very weird question and it involves mathematics' solution. I am very into anything that has to do with numbers, especially maths. But today, I was dumbfounded. Until now, I have no solution. So is my brother (this question was asked by my brother's friend to him).

Here is the question:

There are three guys in a mamak store: Ali, Abu and Ahmad (names does not matter at all). After having a satisfying meal, the waiter came and told them that the total price is RM30. So, each paid RM10 to the waiter. But when the waiter gave the money to his boss, his boss told him it is actually RM25.

The waiter faced a dilemma now. He has to return RM5 to the three person. He could not find the way to divide RM5 to three person. Suddenly, he had an idea. He told the three person that he will give RM1 to each person, then he kept RM2 to himself as a tip. They all agreed.

So, let's look at the overall picture: Each person actually paid RM9. So the total is RM27. The waiter took RM2. Total: RM29.


So, what happen to RM1?????


I will be grateful if anyone can help or tell me the solution. Maybe there are some twist of words in this question (I'm suspecting the overall picture statement is the one that confused us). Tell me also if you don't understand. Gambatteh~!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting question!!!!!!! =D -leemei-