Thursday, March 01, 2007

A New and Weird Perspective

Since the day I started working, I did not know that it's going to change my life...until now.

I have just resigned from Everkids and started looking back at what I have done. I can remember customers who smiles and enquires politely, who frown and do not believe a single word I said, or who is eccentric in words and kept saying, "Oh really?? Wow!! That's was like, dude, cool~!" There are times when customer gets a bit frustrated when I took a while to search for stock...only to realized that there is no stock for that specific item. My conclusion: Damansara and Bandar Utama people are very patient and are willing to endure anything that I did wrong.

Well, that changed my life. Not everybody is not nice after all.

Wait, there is a bigger change in me. I became very money-minded.

Imagine everyday when you pay something, you will ponder on the spot "Thank god, finally I can buy that thing" or "It's going to be so fun~!" or "Alright, still got one more thing to buy" or "Hmm...it's nice...should buy one more"... But for me (viewers, do not be petrified), when I pay for something, I will think:

"How many hours of my pay has been spend?"

Maybe you don't understand at first.

For example, since I was working in Everkids RM5 per hour, when I buy KFC Set Meal that is RM9++, I will ponder, "There goes 2 hours of my pay..." It's so freaky, since I never have this thought before. When I bought a whole cake for RM90++ for my class gathering, I was actually thinking, "This is equal to 3 days of my pay...hm...how to cover it?". If I treat my friends, I will always think of the money first. I will be calculating in my mind, how much is the treat, equivalent to how many hours of my pay. Even sometimes I will skipped dinner break to save money to cover up my expenditure days ago. I will feel stressed when I spend RM10 or more in one goal. I will also be worrying about whether my expenditure will make me lose the interest benefit in the bank.

Oh, dear. What has happened to me? Is it a good or bad sign???

Currently (which means right now) I am trying very hard to balance out my mindset. I have to remember that there are times to save my money and times to spend my money too. It's not only one way at all. I trying to remind myself now and then. *frustrated*

Oh well, I'm working on it. Before I end, I would like to say thank you to my collegue especially my boss, Mr. Wan for giving me an experience of my lifetime. Hope you all achieved your sales target in March!! (no more RotiBoy for dinner anymore...*sob*[T.T] )

No comments: