Sunday, April 22, 2007

My Empty Soul

Let's say I'm a bit "emo".

I was called up by Yuan Tian to take charge a talent time section in the Rainbow Junior Choir Group. Well, not exactly talent time, but asking me to perform a dance. (Yuan Tian, say so-la... you want me to dance, not organising a talent-show contest... hahahaha XD)

Bad news. Yesterday I played football and thus injured my leg badly. Blame my stupidity for play barefoot whereas others wearing football boots. Ouch ouch ouch. So, I asked Yuan Tian's permission to perform a piano recital, although I have no piano to practise at home. Permission granted.

After that, I followed my brother to the Bunka Kaikan in Cheras to get used to the digital piano in the dorm over there.

My eyes became wet when I tried playing a song.

After six stupid months of my piano's absent (sent to charity because "no place to put at the new house"), finally I could get to touch the keys of a piano. It was really overwhelming to me when I started to play Pachelbel's Canon. So many memories of my piano rushed through my mind. Some were sweet, some were bitter. My piano was my most trusted companion during my childhood. Every time I went into depression, I would calmed myself just by playing. Most of my composed song have its' stories of its' own.

I continued playing the piano for the next two hours until a lady came in, prayed for 20 minutes, then went to sleep. I decided it's time to stop.

This morning, I introduced the origins of the piece "Pachelbel's Canon". Amidst the quiet audience, I started playing. I just let go everything I know. After the song, the juniors called out for an encore. I decided to play my own composed piece titled "My Final Farewell". This is my first time performing my own composed piece.

This time, I let go even more, literally. I'm afraid I have shorten the life span of the digital piano.

I'm almost going to cry at the end of the song, but the cheers from the juniors interrupt my tears glands, thus no tears in my eyes (whew, no embarrassment). If you knew why I composed this song, maybe you will understand why I almost cried.

Now back home, I missed my old companion. I longed for a piano. I will just wait.

No comments: