Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I've Made the Craziest Choice...

After the income tax payment, my family was a bit tight down in financial. Actually they wanted to buy the piano and sign me in for driving licence. But since the income tax (or D-day as pictured by everyone), my parents could only afford one of them: piano or driving licence. The other one will be delayed to the end of year.

Let's take a look at some points.



DRIVING LICENCE first, PIANO at the end of year

Pros:
I can start driving on the road. I do not need to ask and trouble my parents or any other people to fetch me to somewhere. I can provide transport to other people without feeling helpless. I can have freedom to travel anywhere I want and do anything I want. I will look cool holding the steering wheel. I can wear shades and will look cool holding the steering wheel. I can wear shades and will look cool holding the steering wheel with ONE HAND. *signs of desperation*

Cons:
My parents will start worrying about my safety. I will start worrying about my safety. I will start worrying about my passengers safety. I will start worrying about my car's safety (cost of maintenance is high, you know). I can't have conversation in the car while driving. Embarrassed to ask other people to fetch me in some circumstances. I have to pump the petrol using my own money.



PIANO first, DRIVING LICENCE at the end of year

Pros:
I can start playing piano.

Cons:
I can't get my driving licence.



After much thinking (I think it's a lot), I made my decision.

Piano first.

Alright, I know you all think I'm crazy, or some stupid idiot, or a selfish person. But here is an advantage: If I buy the piano first, then I prolonged my time to learn driving with my mother. For that, I can learn more before entering any driving academy. Besides that, by the time I enter the driving academy at the end of the year, I should be skillful enough to drive without troubling much to my instructor. I do not need to bribe the JPJ officers too.

Well, to tell you the truth, I was thinking of the piano when I made the decision. I have to admit I was quite selfish. But I was waiting for a piano like forever. *Sigh*

By the way, it's fun if I can drive on the road without licence. XD

"Common sense is not so common..." - Voltaire

1 comment:

PameLyn said...

wei..is piano and keyboard the same?

i have 2 keyboards at home lying on top of my cupboard for ages u wanna pinjam?=]