Monday, January 01, 2007

One Utama's Countdown to 2007

How exciting it is to know that 2006 is about to float away underneath your feet and a new year is about to come? Today is the transition from year 2006 to 2007!! It is the year of James Bond 007. So get ready to expect a lots of action in this year. Wow, I can be a feng shui master already.

My R2P2's bunch of friends and I went to the countdown in One Utama's central park. Some fanatic friends of mine, especially Lee Mei, reached One Utama at 12pm. By the way, the countdown concert starts at 7pm. Lee Mei, you're crazy.

We manage to get to the front of the concert to get a clear view of the concert. The performance by local artistes are quite good. But the main reason why it has attracted more than 10,000 people is the two main artistes that made it to Taiwan: Gary Cao Ge and Nicholas Teoh. Must be their looks.

Ching Ying is the most fanatic person I ever seen. She kept screaming non-stop throughout Gary's and Nicholas' performance. An unknown guy in front of her actually closed his ears to prevent the piercing scream of death from entering his ears. I do really pity him.

Among all performances, Cao Ge singing Frank Sinatra's "My Way" made me screaming like Ching Ying. Maybe you won't believe me, but I was actually stunned by his performance. He was singing while switching between two voice which are low pitch and high pitch. It was as though there is two different person singing. And there was not a single flaw at all. His low pitch sounded exactly like Frank Sinatra and his high pitch sounded like Wang Lee Hom (not exactly, but if you actually heard it, you will fell in love with it).

Atak brought us to the open field across the lake to get a good view of the fireworks before 12am. From the field, we could see two different fireworks display: One Utama's and The Curve's. It really worth it, especially when you are lying back on the grass looking at the fireworks display as long as 7 minutes. It is as though the firework is right above you. Such impressive display, thanks to Atak!!

During the concert countdown, I lost my brother in the crowd. It is actually just a simple scenario of "getting lost", and it is supposed to be easy to locate him by calling him. But there was no reception for Digi's service in the central park, which makes life so much more difficult. I lost my brother the entire night until after the fireworks display. It is such ironic, where Digi is sponsoring the concert with the Digi center placed near the stage and they advertised themselves as "Wide Coverage". Hahaha. That is soooo wide. Maybe I should boycott Digi.

Overall, I had a lot of fun in the concert, singing along (or screaming along) with so many recognisable songs. Nicholas Teoh's "Dang Ni Gu Dan Ni Hui Xiang Qi Shui" is the main cause of my sore throat. Thank you R2P2!!!

And now, it is year 2007.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excuse me! i so did not reach there at 12pm. Hahaha. Oh and SCREAMING is just soooooooo fun that you can't resist it! ;) Haha. Happy year 2007! cheers! -leemei-