Friday, October 08, 2010

Nobody knows who I really am

Admist the busy schedule, I need to pour out stuff that has been in my mind for a long time.

Sometimes I have to stop myself and ask: am I dancing for the right reasons?

In the past, dance was something very mystical and awesome. It's a magical phenomenon when someone steps out and dance. It makes people realised what life is all about. It's about inspiring others through your own movement. That was what it used to be in the past. That drives me to dance. Because others inspired me through the same way. And they expect me to do the same to others.

But recently I have to question myself.

Am I dancing for the right reason?

I felt like currently I'm dancing just to prove myself or everyone else something: that I'm good in dancing, that I deserve to get a hall next year, that I deserve to perform for events, that I just love dancing. Somehow this makes dancing so selfish and empty. Whatever I learn in HAD back then becomes nothing.

Have I forgotten my roots? Dance is suppose to be a passion, not a thing to prove.

I know this sounds deep. But it's deep enough to trouble me everyday.

Time to relearn my roots.

On the bright side, look down:


New shoes! Nice and cheap too. =D

1 comment:

tee said...

feel u bro.. keep it up!
whatever it is, dun stop dancing, train hard!
dance first, think later.. HEEEHEEE