Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Way

I would like to introduce you to a song, "My Way" by Frank Sinatra. This song is really, really, TRULY meaningful for those who are proud, arrogant (in a good way), experienced in life, fallen and stood up, faced a lot of challenges and won all of them, etc. It's a song where one looks back at his or her past and cherish it.

I wasn't really a fan of this song UNTIL I attended New Year Countdown 2007 at One Utama. Gary Cao Ge was performing this number and I was STUNNED (with my mouth singing out the song). If you want to know why, go to Youtube.com and find out any video of him singing 'My Way'. (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWS0hAw_lgA) Anyway, I got so caught up with the song that I didn't stop hearing it.

Finally, it's time to recommend it to you all.

My Way - Frank Sinatra

Verse 1:
And now the end is near,
And so I face the final curtain,
My friend I said it clear,
I state my case which I'm certain,
I lived a life that's full,
I travelled each and every highway,
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way...

Verse 2:
Regrets, I had a few,
But then again too few to mention,
I did what I had to do,
And saw it thru without exemption,
I planned each chartered course,
Each careful step along the byway,
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way...

Chorus 1:
Yes, there was times, I'm sure you knew,
When I'm bit off more than I can chew,
But thru it all when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out,
I faced it all and I stood tall,
And did it my way...

Verse 3:
I loved, I laughed and cried,
I had my fill, my share of losing,
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing,
To think that I did all that,
And may I say not in a shy way,
'Oh no, oh no not me,
I did it my way'.

Chorus 2:
For what is the man, what has he got,
If not himself, then he has naught,
To say the things he trully feels,
And not the world of who he kneels,
The record shows; I took the blows,
And did it my way...

Sorry if there is any mistake on the lyrics. The lyrics was from my memory =D.

P/S: If anyone got the mp3 of 'My Way' by Gary Cao Ge, please notify me!!!!

I DID IT MYYYYY WAYYYYYYYYYYY~!!!!

No comments: